Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Gunnar - Term 3 Animation project

So it's been a long time now since i've posted an update on my work, and with so many projects currently in work, I feel like it's about time to add some more material on this site.
This project was an animation that i worked on for our 3rd term video game called BlasterStar Galactica(yes, it sounds just like Battlestar Galactica) which is a 2d flash game for the internet.

My role was to create a 3d logo animation for our game, which every game company today include in the beginning of their game. I could of went with something easy like just simply make our "Joyous Nausea" name logo rotate around aimlessly, but I decided to challenge myself and recreate our main character from 2d to 3d, and make him the star of our animation also. (Gunnar concept made by Alek Maeots, our team concept artist)

This project all together took me about a month I would say, mainly because it was my 1st time doing any character animation, which includes creating the bones(Which I made instead of using the Biped system in 3DS max), rig the bone system in order to control it, and skin the bone system to my model(Which is the biggest pain in the ass). After all this came the challenge to actually make the animation as real as possible. Also another 1st was me texturing a character, which was actually hard to do without a Wacom Tablet(Which i now possess >.< 2 late now)

Anyway, for now i'll post the character model itself for anyone to take a look at, not sure if animations can be posted in a blog, so won't bother yet.

No comments: